- 6 tbsps. Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 pkg. (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), seeded, finely chopped (2 teaspoons)
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 EGGLAND’S BEST egg, beaten
- 1 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 tbsps. LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- Step 1
In 10-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add red and green bell peppers, onion and celery; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Step 2
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1 cup of the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning and chipotle chile; set aside.
- Step 3
Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix cooked vegetables, chicken, chives, parsley, egg, 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise; set aside.
- Step 4
Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Gently flatten each biscuit to 3 inches in diameter; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush butter on tops of biscuits; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the taco seasoning. Bake as directed on can; keep warm.
- Step 5
Meanwhile, in same skillet, heat remaining 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. In shallow dish, mix remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs and taco seasoning. Shape chicken mixture into 8 patties, 1/2 inch thick. Coat patties completely with crumb mixture. Cook patties in oil 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Remove patties from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Step 6
Split biscuits; spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on split sides of each biscuit. Place patties between biscuit halves. Serve with remaining mayonnaise mixture.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
- Calories 780
- Calories from Fat530g
- Total Fat 59g
- Saturated Fat 12g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 1100mg
- Potassium 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates 40g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 21g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 0%
- Thiamin 0%
- Niacin 0%
- Zinc 0%
- Riboflavin 0%
- Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet