Orange Cream-Macadamia Torte
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 tsp. McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Macadamia Nuts
- 3 tbsps. grated orange peel
- 2 tbsps. grated lemon peel
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsps. LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1 cup Hershey's® premier white baking chips
- 1 tbsp. Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- GARNISH, if desired
- 1 large orange, cut into 16 thin slices
- Step 1
Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add 1/4 of cream cheese and vanilla; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add 1 cup of the coconut, 3/4 cup of the nuts, 1 tablespoon of the orange peel and 1 tablespoon of the lemon peel; beat until well blended. Spread evenly in bottom and up side of ungreased 10-inch nonstick tart pan with removable bottom.
- Step 2
Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Step 3
Meanwhile, in 2-quart heavy saucepan, add condensed milk, orange juice, butter, remaining cream cheese, orange peel and lemon peel. Cook over low heat, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until mixture is bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat; spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate until cooled, about 1 hour.
- Step 4
In small microwavable bowl, combine icing ingredients, microwave on High 30 to 40 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds, until smooth. Drizzle over cooled torte to cover. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut and 1/2 cup nuts, lightly pressing into icing. To serve, cut into 16 wedges; top each with orange slice. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- Step 5
* To toast coconut, spread in shallow pan. Bake at 350°F 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Step 6
** Chop larger macadamia nuts. To toast nuts, spread in shallow pan. Bake at 350°F 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until light brown. Remove from pan.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission. / Fisher® is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. ©2012 / LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc. / Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
(1 slice, 1/16 of torte)
- Calories 450
- Calories from Fat240g
- Total Fat 27g
- Saturated Fat 13g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Potassium 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates 46g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 35g
- Protein 5g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 0%
- Thiamin 0%
- Niacin 0%
- Zinc 0%
- Riboflavin 0%
- Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet