Ultimate Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 cookie, 1/36 of recipe), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 11g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.