Sweet Peanut Butter Dessert Sauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
BLEND brown sugar, corn syrup and shortening in 1-quart saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture just comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
BLEND in peanut butter until melted. Gradually blend in milk until mixture is smooth. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture returns to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm over ice cream, cake or bread pudding.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (Abt 2 T), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.