Spinach Con Queso
8 to 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 (10 oz) package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 pounds processed cheese loaf, cubed
- 1 cup seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes
PLACE oil in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Add red onion, jalapenos and spinach. Cook 2 minutes. Stir. Cook 3 to 4 minutes longer, stirring several times.
ADD cheese. Microwave 3 minutes; stir. Cook about 2 minutes longer or until cheese is completely melted. Stir in tomatoes.
SERVE warm with fresh vegetables, crackers, tortilla chips or pita wedges for dipping.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 19g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1240mg, Total Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g), Protein 20g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 110%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 50%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.