Savory Whipped Sweet Potato Casserole
6 to 8 servings
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Simply Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- OR 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 (12.75 oz.) cans vacuum-packed sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirirng occasionally. Add gingerroot and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, water, peanut butter, cumin and coriander; stir until smooth. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
ADD sweet potatoes to saucepan. Mash with potato masher until mixture is well blended. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 10g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 200%, Vitamin C 60%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.