Quick and Easy Beef and Tater Burritos
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Corn Oil
- OR Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (diced, not shredded)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Queso Blanco
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add diced hash browns, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes. Remove potatoes from skillet.
COOK ground beef, onion and peppers in same skillet over medium-high heat until beef is brown and onions are clear. Drain. Add tomatoes, cumin and paprika. Cook and stir over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Return potatoes to pan; heat through.
HEAT tortillas, one at a time, in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, about 10 seconds per side.
SPREAD each tortilla with sour cream, shredded lettuce, beef mixture, cheese and cilantro. Squeeze lime wedges over each tortilla. Roll or fold each tortilla as desired and serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 burrito), Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 790mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 5g), Protein 25g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 20%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.