« Back to Baked Artichoke Squares
Baked Artichoke Squares
2 dozen appetizers
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup milk
HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
HEAT 3 tablespoons oil in medium skillet. Add mushrooms, celery and garlic. Sauté until celery is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in artichoke hearts, green onion, marjoram, oregano and cayenne. Add cheeses and eggs. Mix well. Set aside.
COMBINE flour and salt in medium bowl. Blend 1/2 cup oil and milk in small bowl; add to flour mixture. Stir with fork until mixture forms a ball. Press dough in bottom and slightly up sides of prepared pan.
SPREAD cheese mixture on crust; bake 30 minutes, or until center is set. Cool slightly. Cut into 24 squares. Serve warm.