« Back to Caribbean Cornbread Crab Cakes
Caribbean Cornbread Crab Cakes
- 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Cotton Country® Buttermilk Cornbread Mix
- OR 1 (6 oz.) package Martha White® Buttermilk Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 mangos, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- CRAB CAKES
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 (6 oz.) packages pasteurized lump crab meat, lightly drained
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
BAKE cornbread according to package directions in 8-inch Lodge cast iron skillet. Cool and crumble.
WHISK together lime juice, honey, ginger and salt in medium bowl. Add cilantro, red bell pepper, mango and pineapple; stir. Refrigerate.
COMBINE eggs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seafood seasoning and dry mustard in large bowl; mix well. Add crumbled cornbread; blend. Fold in green onion, crab meat and black pepper.
HEAT oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat. Form crab mixture into 12 cakes. Cook in hot oil 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
DRAIN on paper towels. Serve topped with salsa.