« Back to Classic Sugar Cookies
Classic Sugar Cookies
5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar and decors (optional)
- BUTTERY CREAM FROSTING
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 7 tablespoons milk
COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add milk. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in separate large bowl. Mix into shortening mixture until well blended. Chill 1 hour.
HEAT oven to 350°F.
ROLL out 1⁄3 of dough at a time to about 1⁄4-inch thickness on floured surface. Cut out with cookie cutters. Place 2 inches
apart on ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until edges of cookies are slightly golden. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
BUTTERY CREAM FROSTING
COMBINE powdered sugar, shortening and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; slowly blend in milk to reach desired consistency.
BEAT on high speed for 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Tint frosting with food coloring, if desired.