6 to 8 servings
- Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, for deep frying
- OR Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, for deep frying
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
HEAT 2 or 3 inches shortening to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
COMBINE egg and milk in large bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon melted shortening and pineapple. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add to egg mixture. Stir just until mixed.
DROP by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot shortening. Fry about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted metal spoon. Drain on paper towels.
COMBINE powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar in small bowl. Roll fritters in mixture. Serve warm.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 360), Total Fat 39g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.