- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, freshly cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 oz.) container fresh mozzarella cheese, drained, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Grated Parmesan cheese
PLACE freshly cooked pasta in a large bowl; set aside.
HEAT olive oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Add drained tomatoes and green onions; sprinkle with salt.
COOK and stir until just heated through, about 3 minutes. Toss the hot cooked angel hair pasta with tomato mixture.
ADD the sliced fresh mozzarella cheese and torn basil leaves; toss to mix. Divide pasta between 4 dinner plates. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 610 (Calories from Fat 340), Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat 10g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 1000mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g), Protein 18g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 30%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.