Pan Seared Sea Bass With Warm Spinach Salad
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil, divided
- 4 (6 oz.) sea bass fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 4 strips crisply cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
HEAT 2 tablespoons oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Cook on one side, about 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Carefully turn each fillet. Cook 5 minutes more. Remove from pan; keep warm.
ADD 2 tablespoons oil to pan. Add onion, mushrooms, tomato, spinach, bacon and sunflower seeds. Cook and stir quickly over medium-high heat. Add vinegar. Toss and cook just until warm. Place spinach mixture on 4 serving plates. Top each with a sea bass fillet.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 490mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 4g), Protein 42g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 90%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 10%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.