Old-Fashioned Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
- 4 large baked biscuits, split
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 (12 oz.) ounce PET® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Sauté onion 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in salt, pepper, thyme and flour. Whisk in milk and broth until mixture begins to bubble.
STIR in chicken and thawed vegetables. Cook until chicken is heated through and vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in chopped parsley. Serve over split biscuits.
CREAMED TURKEY AND BISCUITS
Cooked, shredded turkey can be used instead of chicken.
PET is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 940mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 14g), Protein 31g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 110%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 30%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.