Miniature Monte Cristos
- 8 slices soft white bread, crusts removed
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 very thin slices, fully cooked ham
- 8 very thin slices, fully cooked turkey
- 8 very thin slices, Swiss cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 fl. oz.) canPET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Hungry Jack® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- Spicy prepared mustard (optional)
- OR Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam, melted
FLATTEN bread slices with rolling pin. Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on top of each slice. Top each with 1 slice ham, 1 slice turkey and 1 slice cheese. Roll up each bread slice to form a log. Wrap separately in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
HEAT 1 1/2 inches oil in deep-fryer or deep saucepan to 375°F. Whisk eggs and milk in medium bowl. Add pancake mix, salt and cinnamon; whisk until smooth. Unwrap each roll. Cut each with serrated knife into 4 equal pieces; secure with wooden toothpick.
DIP each piece in batter, soaking about 15 seconds. Cook a few pieces at a time in hot oil 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until deep golden brown, turning frequently.
DRAIN on paper towels. Serve immediately or keep warm in 175°F oven. Serve with spicy mustard, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 appetizer), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.