Mediterranean Breadsticks with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/8-inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 oz)
- 2 cans (11 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated original breadsticks (24 breadsticks)
- 1/2 cup drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7-oz jar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
Heat oven to 350°F. Heat 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and 1 tablespoon oil; heat until butter is melted. Add onion; cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes and cheese. Set aside.
Unroll breadstick dough into 2 sections. Separate breadsticks, leaving pairs of breadsticks together. Spread about 2 teaspoons onion mixture over each pair of breadsticks. For each pair, fold breadsticks together lengthwise; pinch edges of to seal. Twist stuffed breadsticks 3 times; place 1 inch apart on ungreased nonstick cookie sheets.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, place red peppers, 1/4 teaspoon salt and basil. With food processor running, slowly pour 2 tablespoons oil through feed tube; process until well blended. Serve coulis with warm breadsticks.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
®Land O’ Lakes is a registered trademark of Land O’ Lakes, Inc.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 breadstick), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 510mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.