Italian Vegetable Saute
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram leaves (optional)
- 1 each medium zucchini and yellow summer squash, cut into julienne strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 small orange or red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted black olives (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
HEAT oil in large skillet. Add garlic and onion. Cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes.
ADD zucchini, yellow squash, pepper strips, fresh oregano and marjoram leaves. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if using.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.