Hearty Meat and Potato Burgers with Apple Butter Ketchup Glaze
- BURGER PATTIES
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- OR 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef round
- 1/2 cupPET® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup Hungry Jack® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Cider Apple Butter
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 french bread baguette, cut lengthwise, then cut into into 4 pieces crosswise
HEAT oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, cooking for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, cooking one minute more. Cool. Crumble ground chuck into medium bowl. Add onion and garlic mixture, milk, potato flakes, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Gently combine the ingredients well. Shape meat into four oval patties. Refrigerate.
COMBINE apple butter and ketchup with a whisk until well blended. Cover and set aside.
COAT unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high (350° to 400°F). Grill burgers 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Toast bread, if desired (see note). Brush burgers with glaze during last several minutes of cooking. Place a meat patty on each roll bottom, top with additional apple butter-ketchup glaze, if desired, and the roll top.
To toast the bread: SPRAY the inside of bread with butter flavored no-stick cooking spray. Place the bread (cut side down) around the outer edges of the cooking grate. Grill until golden brown.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 790 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 1540mg, Total Carbohydrate 128g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 25g), Protein 40g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 15%, Iron 45%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.