Golden Pound Cake
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 1/4 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 1/4 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Powdered sugar
HEAT oven to 325ºF. Coat a 10-inch tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
BEAT shortening and sugar with electric mixer in large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
COMBINE cake flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Add alternately with milk, vanilla and lemon extract to shortening mixture. Beat until smooth. Turn batter into prepared pan.
BAKE 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in centered comes out clean. Cool 1 hour; remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack. To serve, sprinkle cake with powdered sugar.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 36g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.