Fudgy German Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- 1/2 cupPET® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
HEAT oven to 375°F.
BEAT brown sugar, shortening, water and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
DROP dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Press down to flatten slightly.
BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
COMBINE evaporated milk, sugar, shortening and egg yolks in medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, pecans and coconut. Cool completely. Frost cookies.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 30mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.