Easy Cole Slaw
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cole slaw mix
- OR 1 pound shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or sliced almonds (optional)
COMBINE oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper in small saucepan. Place pan on medium heat.
SIMMER 3 minutes. Stir pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and dressing comes to a boil.
PLACE cole slaw mix in large serving bowl. Toss with hot dressing. Let stand 20 minutes. Top with nuts. Serve with a slotted spoon.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 17g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 80%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.