- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk, plus additional as needed
HEAT oven to 500°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
PLACE flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas.
BLEND in just enough milk with a fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cooled biscuits can be frozen up to one month in plastic food storage bags. Reheat by placing in oven 5 to 10 minutes or microwave about 1 minute.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.