Smoked Ham with Coffee-Orange Glaze
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 (2 lb.) thick-cut ham steak
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 3/4 cup strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Fresh orange slices and parsley sprigs (optional)
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown ham steak in hot oil for 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates, turning halfway through cooking time. Remove from skillet and set aside.
COOK onion in skillet over low heat 3 minutes. Stir in marmalade, coffee, golden raisins, raisins, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until glaze begins to thicken.
RETURN ham steak to skillet; turn to coat with sauce. Simmer about 5 minutes or until glaze reaches desired consistency. Garnish with orange slices and parsley.
SMOKED PORK CHOPS WITH COFFEE-ORANGE GLAZE: Substitute 4 (7 to 8 oz.) smoked pork chops for ham steak.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 2730mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 62g), Protein 48g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.