Easy Apple Crisp
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 5 cups peeled, cored, sliced Golden Delicious or Rome Beauty apples
- 3 tablespoons orange or apple juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray a 12x7 1/2 x2-inch glass baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Arrange sliced apples evenly in dish. Drizzle with juice.
COMBINE brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in small bowl. Mix in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spoon over apples. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired.
BAKE 35 minutes until apples are tender. Cool slightly. Serve warm. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 5mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.