Raisin Apple Oatmeal Cookies
3 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves in medium bowl. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Stir in oats, apple, raisins and nuts. Shape dough into 1 1⁄2-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
BAKE 13 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned (cookies will look moist). Cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.