Deep Dish Almond Pumpkin Pie
1 hrs 5 min
- Single Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- ALMOND LAYER
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- PUMPKIN FILLING
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups canned, solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cupPET® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Baked pastry cutouts (optional)
PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; do not bake. Reserve dough scraps for pastry cutouts, if desired.
HEAT oven to 425°F.
COMBINE nuts, 1/2 cup brown sugar, butter, flour and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract in medium bowl. Toss with fork until well blended.
SPOON into unbaked pie crust. Press firmly on bottom and part way up sides. Refrigerate.
COMBINE 1 1/4 cups brown sugar and cream cheese in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
BEAT in eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, sour cream and molasses at low speed.
ADD cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger, cloves and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Beat 1 minute. Spoon over almond layer.
BAKE at 425°F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Cover edge of pie with foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Bake an additional 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature before serving.
DECORATE with baked pastry cutouts, if desired. Refrigerate leftover pie.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 580 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 85mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 52g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 130%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.