Peanut Butter Orange Blossoms
3 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
HEAT oven to 350°F.
COMBINE shortening, peanut butter and orange peel in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in granulated sugar, brown sugar and egg until well blended.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended.
SHAPE level measuring tablespoonfuls into balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Dip fork in flour. Flatten dough slightly in crisscross pattern.
BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.