Chicken Casserole with Pasta, Tomato and Broccoli
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 teaspoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and well drained
- 5 ounces uncooked small macaroni, cooked and well drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Add chicken. Cook and stir just until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, basil, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
COMBINE broccoli, macaroni, chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese in large bowl. Stir well. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
BAKE 20 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove dish to cooling rack. Serve warm.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g), Protein 16g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.