Oatmeal Apple Cookies
2 1/2 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup peeled, diced apples
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
HEAT oven to 375°F. Lightly coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed speed until well blended and creamy.
COMBINE flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Stir in, one at a time, oats, apples, raisins and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
BAKE 13 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 10g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.