Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato and Pecan Pesto
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 oz.) jar purchased sundried tomato spread
- 1/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced into about 24 slices
- Crisco® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
COMBINE pesto ingredients in food processor or blender until pureed, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Place pesto in small serving bowl.
SPOON some tomato spread in center of pesto. Sprinkle with olives. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray both sides of bread slices with no-stick cooking spray; place on a baking sheet. Bake, turning once, 10 minutes or until crisp; sprinkle 1 side with pepper.
PLACE serving bowl of pesto on platter; garnish with fresh basil sprig. Surround with crostini; serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/24), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.