Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce over Linguine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf parsley (optional)
- 8 ounces cooked linguine or angel hair pasta
COOK onions in oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
STIR in crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
COOK pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain. Stir heavy cream, basil, and parsley into prepared sauce, cooking until heated through. Serve over pasta.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 1g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.