Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 oz.) package refrigerated fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 (12 oz.) cansPET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 (6 oz.) package baby spinach, coarsely chopped (6 cups)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
HEAT oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add crumbled sausage, onion and garlic. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
ADD tortellini; simmer 3 minutes. Add evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer.
STIR in spinach. Simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/9 of recipe), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 830mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 9g), Protein 16g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 30%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.