Chocolate Ganache Fudge Brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
PLACE chocolate and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Stir in sugar. Add vanilla, then eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in flour and salt until evenly moistened. Spread in prepared pan.
BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Cool completely. Remove from baking pan.
PLACE chocolate chips in medium bowl. Heat cream in microwave-safe measuring cup until warm. Pour over chocolate chips. Let set 3 minutes to soften. Whisk until smooth. Spread over brownies. Cut into bars.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 brownie, 1/24 of recipe), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.