Chicken Salad with Mozzarella and Olives
- 4 cups cubed (1/2-inch) Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken
- 4 bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls)
- 1 (10 oz.) package romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (about 5 to 6 cups)
- 1 (8 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and cut into strips
- 1 cup black or marinated brine-cured olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
HEAT oven to 400°F. Toss bread cubes with olive oil and salt. Spread in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Bake, turning over once, about 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool in pan on a rack.
WHISK red wine vinegar, mustard, shallot and sugar in a small bowl. Add olive oil in a slow stream, whisking until well combined.
TOSS together chicken, bocconcini and 1/2 cup vinaigrette in serving bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Add romaine, red peppers, olives, croutons and remaining vinaigrette. Toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 910 (Calories from Fat 490), Total Fat 53g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 1590mg, Total Carbohydrate 68g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g), Protein 35g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 25%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.