Cajun Chicken Bites with Raspberry Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil, divided
- OR 12 tablespoons Crisco® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA, divided
- 4 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- RASPBERRY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 cup Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard, or to taste
- Hot sauce (optional), to taste
COMBINE the flour, pecans, oregano, cumin, thyme, cayenne and salt in a shallow dish.
PLACE 6 tablespoons of the oil in a small, shallow dish. Dip each chicken piece first in the oil, then in the flour mixture to coat well.
HEAT 3 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the chicken pieces and sauté until browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and chicken.
SERVE the chicken bites with toothpicks and Raspberry Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Raspberry Mustard Dipping Sauce
COMBINE the preserves with the mustard in a small bowl. For a spicy version, add hot sauce to taste.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (8), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 18g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.