Banana Nut Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 (7.6 oz.) packages Martha White® Banana Nut Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Colored sugar or sprinkles, if desired
HEAT oven to 350º F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
BLEND egg, oil and milk in large bowl. Add muffin mix; stir just until well blended.
FILL muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and cool.
BEAT cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl until creamy. Add vanilla, cocoa and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles, if desired. Refrigerate, uncovered, 30 minutes or until frosting is set. Cover and store in refrigerator.
Cupcake tip: Use an ice cream scoop to fill cups with batter--it's neater and easier than a spoon.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/12), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 24g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.