« Back to BLT Cornbread Salad
BLT Cornbread Salad
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- 1 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a 10-inch cast iron skillet with no-stick cooking spray; place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
BEAT egg in medium bowl. Add all remaining cornbread ingredients; mix well. Pour into prepared hot skillet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes while making salad.
COOK bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
COMBINE cooked bacon, tomatoes, onion and parsley in large bowl. Add mayonnaise and pepper; mix to coat. Cut cornbread into 1/2-inch pieces. Add cornbread to salad; toss gently to mix. Cover tightly; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight before serving. Serve over lettuce, if desired.