Supreme Citrus Salad with Avocado Dressing
You can be entered for a chance to win a . Click "Write a Review" above to get started.
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 (6 oz.) package ready-to-eat baby spinach leaves
- 3 large seedless oranges, supreme-cut or peeled and separated into segments
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons shelled salted pistachios, chopped
COMBINE marmalade, orange juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; stir until blended. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
TOSS 1 tablespoon dressing with spinach leaves in large bowl until coated. Arrange spinach on individual serving plates. Top with orange segments; sprinkle with red onion. Stir avocado into remaining dressing; spoon onto center of each salad. Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve immediately.
To supreme-cut an orange: Start with large whole fruit, as these are easier to handle. Cut off a ¼-inch thick slice from both the top and bottom of orange, just enough to expose two small circles of orange flesh. Cutting from top to bottom, using a sharp serrated knife, remove the entire orange peel, curving the knife to cut just inside the peel and remove white membrane. Grasping the peeled fruit in your palm, position knife along an orange segment membrane. Cut down toward center of fruit. Repeat on other side of same segment; remove peeled orange segment. Repeat to peel and remove remaining orange segments.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 10g, Sugars 21g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 150%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.