Butternut Squash-Pesto Pizza
- 2 1/2 cups diced peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- OR Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 can 13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers (from 7-oz jar)
- 1/3 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 oz)
Heat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, mix squash, onion, brown sugar, salt, black pepper and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil. Spread mixture in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Bake about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender.
Spray large cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet into 13x9-inch rectangle. Bake at 400°F 7 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Drain.
Spread pesto over partially baked crust. Top with squash mixture, pancetta, roasted peppers, walnuts and cheeses. Bake 6 to 8 minutes longer or until edges are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pizza), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 1070mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 8g), Protein 12g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 20%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.