Grilled Beef and Vegetable Kabobs
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and cut into eight wedges
- 1 each large red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 fresh pineapple, cleaned and cut into chunks
- OR 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple chunks
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
MIX together vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl until well combined. Place beef, vegetables, pineapple and marinade in a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag. Marinate in refrigerator 5 hours or overnight.
SPRAY grill grate or broiler pan with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill or broiler. Thread meat onto skewers alternating with vegetables and pineapple. Season generously with salt and pepper. BROILER: Place kabobs about 5 inches from broiler element. Broil 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until meat is well browned and cooked to desired doneness. GAS GRILL: Grill kabobs 8 minutes for medium-rare or 9 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 3.5g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 19g), Protein 41g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 200%, Calcium 8%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.