Grilled Pizza with Italian Sausage
2 12-inch pizzas
You can be entered for a chance to win a . Click "Write a Review" above to get started.
- 2 (12-inch) ready-made pizza crusts
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- GRILLED TOPPINGS
- 1/2 pound spicy Italian sausages
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 large red onion, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
HEAT oven to 375°F.
WHISK together all marinade ingredients. Pour half of the marinade in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
SPRAY grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat grill. Brush sausages, red pepper and onion with remaining marinade; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
GRILL until sausages are cooked through and peppers and onion are slightly charred and crisp-tender, turning and basting occasionally with marinade to within 5 minutes of being done, about 12 minutes for sausages and 8 minutes for vegetables. Discard any remaining marinade.
TRANSFER to cutting board; cut sausages into 1/2-inch pieces and peppers into thin strips.
SPRINKLE each pizza crust with 1/2 of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Top each with 1/2 of sausage, peppers and onion, then with 1/2 the goat cheese, tomatoes and green onions. Remove bowl of marinade from refrigerator; drizzle over the pizzas.
PLACE pizzas on cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheeses are melted and crusts are golden brown.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 880 (Calories from Fat 440), Total Fat 50g (Saturated Fat 10g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 1090mg, Total Carbohydrate 83g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 7g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.