- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- OR 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
- OR 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Buttermilk Corn Meal Mix
- OR 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix
HEAT oven to 450ºF. Coat 8-inch ovenproof skillet or 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place skillet in oven 7 to 8 minutes or until hot.
BEAT egg in medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and corn meal until smooth. Batter should be creamy and pourable. If too thick, add 1 or 2 tablespoons more milk. Pour into prepared skillet or pan.
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
For muffins or cornsticks, coat muffin cups or cornstick pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place cornstick pan in oven 7 to 8 minutes or until hot. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 450°F 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins or 16 cornsticks.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 480mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.