4 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoonsMedaglia d'Oro® Instant Espresso Coffee
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Chocolate sprinkles
BEAT brown sugar and shortening at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and coffee. Beat until well blended and fluffy. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Add gradually to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
DIVIDE dough in half. Roll each half into two logs approximately 2-inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper. Freeze for 2 hours.
HEAT oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface, cut logs into 1⁄4-inch thick slices. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle center of each cookie with chocolate sprinkles.
BAKE 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.